Based on the H.P. Lovecraft mythos, Arkham Horror is set in the roaring 20's in a small Massachusetts town, Arkham. People have started disappearing and there has been reported sightings of strange creatures. The Ancient Ones are stirring...
Players explore the town of Arkham which features Streets, buildings, various outdoor locations and otherworldly locations from which the beasts dwell. Each player has an investigator, represented by a character card, several attributes, and cards representing items and spells. As game play progresses, gates to these other worlds open and are represented by tokens placed on the board. Monsters from the other worlds enter through the gates and wander the city. As the monsters enter, the "Doom Track" advances; it is the players goal to defeat the monsters before it reaches the end. If it reaches the end however, one of the Ancient Ones will enter Arkham beginning the end game where players will only have a small chance of defeating the ancient one and wining the game.
The Miskatonic Horror Expansion includes:
- Almost 450 new cards
- New Skill, Gate, and Mythos cards for the Arkham Horror base game
- Additional Exhibit Item cards for Curse of the Dark Pharaoh
- New Injury, Madness, Dunwich Location, and Dunwich Horror cards for Dunwich Horror, as well as an all new Dunwich Horror Herald sheet
- More Blight and Act cards for The King in Yellow
- New Kingsport Location, Epic Battle, Blessings of Noden, and Visions of Hypnos cards for Kingsport Horror
- Over 20 new Cult Encounter cards for The Black Goat of the Woods
- New Innsmouth Location and Innsmouth Look cards for Innsmouth Horror
- Additional Relationship cards and Reckoning cards for Lurker at the Threshold
- Plus new Player Reference sheets and a new Institution variant!
Brought to you by Popcultcha, Australia's largest and most comprehensive Board Game online store. Click here to see the full range of our merchandise.